Planning the honeymoon is as exciting as the wedding day itself. It’s a reward for you and your partner to share with one another! There are some common mistakes people make when trying to plan their perfect getaway. We want to help you avoid these setbacks, and plan for the very best time together!
- Do consider setting up a honeymoon gift registry. Maybe you had help paying for the wedding or maybe you didn’t. Either way, honeymooning can get expensive. Let your guests know that they can purchase activities, dinners, and entertainment for the newlyweds through a gift registry.
- Don’t try to plan all the details alone. This time away together can be a great bonding experience for you and your new spouse. Maybe you envision long days on the beach sipping margaritas. But your partner wants to ski the Swiss Alps. Plan together, and be willing to compromise
- Do ask for honeymoon specials. Many places offer discounts, and special accommodations for newly married couples. Not only could you save some money, but also make your time together more romantic.
- Don’t trust photographs only when picking your destination and lodging. If you can afford to hire a travel agent to assist you in planning the honeymoon, go for it! A specialist can handle all the logistics and work out the details, so you don’t have to stress. If you can’t hire a planner though, be sure to do your research, and read reviews. Don’t simply trust a website’s description and photos.
- Do consider how long it will take you to get to and from your destination vs how long your stay will last.
- Don’t plan too many activities. Although having an itinerary is great, be sure to leave room for rest and spontaneity.
- Do plan for things to go unplanned. The weather, stress levels, budget, and even your health can all end up being issues when honeymooning. Be sure to know how you’re going to handle it if any issues arise.
- Don’t forget that you just married the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Don’t sweat the small stuff and most of all, enjoy this special time with one another.
Whether your honeymoon locally, a few hours away, or across the globe, it is meant to be a magical time for the two of you to reminisce, connect, bond, and love each other. Keep these dos and don’ts in mind and have a great time!
Capture the Moment. Play the Moment. Contact Fritzler Films to capture the Moments that mean the most to you.